Careers | September Support Guarantee
Careers | September Guarantee
The September Guarantee is a guarantee of an offer, made by the end of September, of an appropriate place in post-16 education or training for every young person completing compulsory education.
Ensuring that every young person has an offer of a place to progress onto is particularly important as it helps young people make a seamless transition into post-16 learning or employment with training.
The September Guarantee is supported by good quality information, advice and guidance. This can come from a number of sources which include:
- Parents and family friends
- Careers Coordinators and Guidance Advisers
- On-line and printed information about courses, progression routes and employment routes
What does the Guarantee offer?
The September Guarantee is an offer of a place in one of the following:
- A school sixth form
- A college of further education
- Employment with training to at least level 2
- An apprenticeship
Very useful links also are:
or more generic information can be found at :